Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fashioning My Cyber Microcosm: The Mind Is Willing.

Well I was totally intending on the next post being an update on my new crafty triumphs, but I came down with a nasty virus after a trip to the hospital over a bad allergic reaction-- sufficed to say, I haven't been able to focus on my sewing.
I tried, and was half way finished with my blouse until I realized that it was two sizes too big. Because my brain was way too slow to process all this before I got to that point, I now have to take everything apart and resize it completely-- I don't want to just dart in after the top is done, because I really want it to look the best it can be.

So for now I've put it down until I recover, sadly. There is one bit of good news in the form of a Whiter & Lighter update; my craft room is officially cleaned and organized. Hip, hip, hooray! You can see how it looked before, here.

As you walk in...

Turning to the right...
And to the left.

12 comments:

  1. It looks great! Definitely a space more conducive to creativity now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I feel inspired just peering in from the hallway =)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really was. I gave the vacuum a workout that's for sure; so many thread trimmings and things all over the carpet hehe.

      Delete
  3. Allergic reaction doesn't sound fun at all, I hope you feel alright now.

    Nice job with the cleanup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a reaction to medication they were giving me for another illness heh, and then to get sick with the flu-- this month has been fraught with sickness.

      Thanks! I'm quite proud of the room now =D

      Delete
  4. Your craft room looks great! I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =D
      Me too, I hate my creative buzz being killed.

      Delete
  5. Love your crafts room, looks personal and ready for action :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Once I recover it will indeed see action, too.

      Delete
  6. Not sure what style of blouse you are making, but one thing you can do is make the wait area look like it has corset panels and leave the bust area kinda loose or actually get some nice venetian lace and corset it. Some times, whatoriginal starts as a goof and not wanting to startover can make a very creative and original piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally I would fix it up in a different way, but I decided that just once I will follow something as it's been laid out hehe. I really don't mind starting over anyways, sewing is the greatest past time for me; I'm in no rush to finish.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...