Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fashioning My Cyber Microcosm: Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall.

Things are quite a mess right now.
I truly feel like I'm trying to salvage a giant egg that went splat with a loud smack.

The entire month went by with some really high highs, to mids, all the way to the bottom... where I am currently since hearing today that our move is no longer going to happen.
As if that wasn't enough, life decided to toss in some salt and lime to rub all over that wound.

This crap-cake in a nutshell?
We have to cancel the apartment we found-- a few hundred lost right off the top. I quit my job under the pretense that we were moving-- lost entire supplementary income-- can't get it back because it's apparently doing really bad now and can't rehire anyone. We now have word that my husband has to go on furlough for two weeks before the end of July-- there goes an entire main income check. Meanwhile debts, and bills still need their regular monthly pay.

And now for the cherry. They are sending my husband to DC for a week, for some training which conveniently sits on the day of our very first wedding anniversary.

I know we should've been saving every penny, but before all this was confirmed we figured we could use some of my very meager last pay to brighten up our spirits a little; a new game for him, a new tool for me. I was quite surprised how quickly it came; it was shipped on Tuesday, and arrived today.


I bought a new in bag, solid 2 lbs. vintage clapper and point press snatched up on ebay. I paid a little under the price they usually go for on their own on ebay (about $35.00 U.S.), but I found it listed along with all these extra treats and with free shipping...

Irresistible, especially to kitties...
7 lbs. of random trims and ribbons. Quite the bargain, if I do say so myself. A very welcome replacement to the shoddy "integrated" one from my tailor board.

As most of you know, my husband is one of my only sources of human contact. Next is my neighbor, but I don't usually get to see her during the week. Hopefully I can keep from going insane during the week he's gone.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for all that has happened :O when life gives you lemons it sometimes gives you all of them in the same time >< I hope that things will work out for you as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, what a backlash :( May I ask why you can't move/get the apartment?
    It seems this spring has been tricky for many. We have been surrounded by illnesses, a death and crazy encounters. Myself, I haven't been doing well emotionally.
    So I hope summer brings us both some good fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like there is a lot of bad news going around lately. I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes. I have my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that really sucks! Life does seem to be hitting a lot of people recently! One of my friends has to move, another now can't move, I've had health problems. It seems like a lot of crap is going down! I will think of you and try to send you some sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that what they say about it always being darkest before the dawn turns out to be true for you, Madame MM. It sounds like a terrible month all the way around.

    Other than that beautiful clapper but still, that doesn't really make up for everything else. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bunch of bother! I do hope you will get to move soon, I'll try my magical thinking to get things going in a more positive path for you! As for those pesky bills, I'll bet you have cool things you can sell on ebay. I'm always surprised by the clamor for all things goth or vintage on ebay- I've made quite a bit of cash. I'm sure you already have job ideas lined up, but maybe, in the meantime, you can sign up with a pet-care/ dog-walking service. I had my own dog walking business one summer, and would also go and take care of kitties :). Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...