Friday, June 14, 2013

Mortem's Apothecarium: DIY Eyeshadow Primer Follow-up

As per the kind request from lady Karoliina from Bones and Lilies, I shall follow-up on the recipe I shared with you all for a DIY eyeshadow primer.

I was rather negligent; forgetting to post the most important part: exactly how long is a long time for this recipe?

To be certain, after I put on my make up for the Professor's assignment, I left it on and went on about my day after all the shooting and writing was done.
Well... I put a little extra effort forth throughout the day, just to be good and sure.

I don't work out at all, I'll tel you that now; I also don't sweat a whole lot-- not enough that my skin would feel damp, anyway. Nevertheless, I put myself through quite a work out; I danced vigorously while attempting an equally vigorous whole house clean up-- admittedly with large breaks. The house was kept around 79 degrees Fahrenheit all the while, which is roughly 26 degrees Celsius.
I have combination skin; my t-zone is bone dry, while the rest is oily. Skin type might factor into the durability of this formula.

Here is a pictorial progression of the color of my eyeshadow throughout the day:


The rest of my make up melted off, but my eyes seemed to have kept up with the pace I set fairly decently. This'll sound completely subjective, but I feel like the last two photos aren't accurately portraying the vibrancy of the color left over; it seemed better than what the photos are showing, and it could be the twilight and florescent lighting involved in the two-- my camera is finicky with those two types of light. In any case, the color still remained.

I lost my blending brush, so that might have something to do with the poor blending... I take responsibility if that was my own lack of skill. For those of you who are blending savvy/able, please let me know if it's the actual primer that hinders the ease of this process. I would love to improve upon the formula, if improvement is what it needs for the majority. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy it!
Although, in reality, I'll probably be tinkering with this recipe regardless if I think it needs it or not... heh!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the follow up! Looks like the primer lasts really well, good to know :) Thank you so much for sharing the recipe, I have to try this one when I have the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, eye-shadow primer - who woulda thunk? I could really use some of that, my face eats make-up. Since I have such dry skin I have to use lots of creams, and attaching make-up to a slippery face just doesn't work. But if I don't my face starts to hurt after a few hours :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, Madame - I have nominated you for the Liebster award! Please follow this link: http://msmisantropia.blogspot.se/2013/06/liebster-award.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I'll write up a post as soon as inspiration hits =)

      Delete
  3. I wear almost no make up, but I do enjoy eyeshadow and mascara (which, by the way, I don't know how to apply all that well). I read your post with my mouth open. I just love to read stuff written by capable minds who enjoy what they are talking about, and feel it all the way to their bones.

    I have been looking for a little something to add to my life, an activity that I'm totally not good at, but that it would be interesting to explore and play with. I think I'll stalk you, and see if something sticks ;-)

    By the way, I ended up here after Ms Misantropia gave you an award. Her reasons for giving it to you, couldn't be more on point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm completely flattered, thank you for your kind words =)
      I hope you do enjoy what I have to offer in the future, as well!

      Delete
  4. Oh! Interesting! I make my own facecream and one of the base ingredients is beeswax. I can't live without my facecream it protecting my skin perfectly and my skin always feel moisturized through the day. It looks like I dont need a primer when I use my face cream then :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beeswax has so many handy benefits-- some recipes for this utilize other thickening ingredients like petro jelly, but I figured beeswax is a much much better substance to put on your face.

      Heh, the less you put on your face the merrier, I say! Helpful substitutes are a good bet ;)

      Delete
  5. I'm stunned by the staying power that has. Do you have an idea how it would stand up to high humidity coupled with 85F plus weather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Northern Arizona so it doesn't get humid at all, but it does get above 90F in my area.
      I am just theorizing here, but perhaps a half part increase of the beeswax will help in the humidity? I don't know for sure, but if you do try it out please post about it! It'll be good for my notes =P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...