Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mortem's Tricks or Treats: Homage To Paint

Can you sense it, dear readers?

The air is shifting, and the hours of dusk and night are ostensibly extending.
Fall is nigh, and my how the rivers of inspiration flow during such a time... as well as all the warm tea which is aptly, and copiously consumed.

Sure enough, since it is the very time many of us eagerly await, inspiration encompasses each and every one of my actions during such constant rapture from environmental stimuli.
Partly attributed to the fact that the days of my vacation are passed by only a few days-- maybe a week; I still haven't fallen down from bliss.

Still, there's a lot for me to be excited about; I brought home many of my possession-- many of the precious ones:
I brought home the ashes of my beloved companion Chico, to be with me as he should have always been, but sickness on his end kept us apart. I brought home my brushes, easel and a few canvas-- when the desire to play with paints engulfs my mind.



All this among other trinkets and things.
It's funny how it felt packing up, once again; I imagined, and felt like I had brought much more than what I unpacked... but, I suppose you can't ever have enough surrounding you of the things that remind you of a far simpler time.

And so, last night I started painting; the last time being a little over 2 years ago.
I steeped myself a cup of tea, sat myself in the living room and just started at it... nothing in particular in mind, but to create something with stripes, a baroque frame and a skull of some sort...


I made an error since the picture was taken, so the idea has since developed exponentially since last night.
Hopefully by the end I'll have something I am happy with to showcase for you all-- if not then this might be the last you hear of this piece, hehe.

I hope this fall season brings you all inspiration, and above all, motivation.



1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you are inspired, I think you said a lot of your things were packed away because of the intended-then-not-happened move. I wish you much inspiration and creation to come!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...