Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fashioning My Cyber Microcosm: The Intro

Greetings fellow bloggers and blog readers.

Like people pitted with the epithets ghoulish and weird, I absolutely adore all things dark and strangely inclined when it comes to what I surround myself with. Though, it's not unusual for me to display my fanatical type of love towards things regarded as kawaii or even mainstream either.

I like what I like, and what I like is crafts, gaming, movies, sci-fi and Hallowe'en... You will very rarely catch me deviating from these subjects.
I appreciate thoughtful writing, and though at times I can be very wordy and my grammar might leave a lot to be desired, you can be sure that I make every attempt to instill my heart into every post and every word I lay before you; in a world where quick and easy is abundant and much ado about nothing and everything is gone, I'd like to think my corner is a place where those seeking stories about mundanities in the life of a strangling (to which my life has plenty of! Hah!) can find some solace.

You might have noticed I sew. A lot. One could say I live and die to sew.
I haven't had any formal training or personal tutelage in the subject of sewing, a topic that seems to dominate my blog more than I really intend, but c'est la vie when you're as passionate about a particular subject.
I taught myself to sew (and still yet) through observational deduction, books, and of course, the occasional online video-- this is not meant as a boast, more so an embarrassing admission to what is likely a mountainous task of undoing the profusion of bad form I have inadvertently garnered through the action of becoming self taught.

I do hope you find inspiration here, in the blog of your neighborhood eccentric archetype!


Disclaimers:
  • My designs and many photos (unless otherwise noted) are my intellectual property, please do not copy without my explicit consent-- I share my designs in good faith.
  • I am not a professional; my advice is not scientific fact, it's just very simply and dangerously my own opinion. Use any advice written herein with your own discretion. I am not responsible for any negative consequences made by your choices.
  • I don't currently sell my items; if an item is for sale it'll be noted somewhere near it. As such, I don't take custom orders, but I have been known to make exceptions from time to time-- so just email to ask!
  • I am currently open to writing sponsored reviews. However, I would like to keep the overall theme of my blog rather consistent; if it's gothy or is vintage inspired, I shall consider a collaboration. Bear in mind, my reviews do not always guarantee glowing recommendations to my readers.
  • Current banner created with elements from :Pixlr Photo Edititing and The Graphics Fairy

Email me at: mari.mortem@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...