Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Fashioning My Cyber Microcosm: Liebster Award
Although I don't have anyone to tag, I must thank Aristocratic Elegance in allowing me the opportunity to join the Liebster fun. Hopefully one day I can update this with people whom I tag to continue this meme fun.
The Rules: Each person must post 11 things about themselves. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you. Create 11 questions for the people you tag. Choose 11 people and link back to them. No tag backs.
11 Things about me:
1. I love to travel-- I've been to Vegas, Maui, Toronto, Vancouver and parts in between. My biggest wish is to visit Germany one day.
2. I don't have any other piercings besides single pierced lobes.
3. I don't have any tattoos... though I have plans for that to change.
4. In Jr. High I shaved off my entire head of hair in front of an assembly and camera crew for cancer for kids-- best and worst decision I ever made-- and since in those years I was a hardcore "babybat", it "worked" with my look so to say hahah!
5. I have a "try almost anything once" rule (super addictive drugs and super dangerous stunts excluded) and oddly enough has not let me down yet...
6. My sweet tooth is truly insatiable. Halloween is a blessing/curse.
7. The only ailment my teeth have suffered is sensitivity... which is surprising considering the above.
8. I am gothic in aesthetic, but hippy in music hehe-- I love New Age and Chill Out with a splish splash of Jazz... I do listen to Rammstein rather religiously and some classical, though, which is as close to goth as I get.
9. I'm quite "superstitious"-- I believe in destiny, fate, karma and all that jazz.
10. I love movies so much I invented a game called "Movie Quote" whereas if I use a movie quote in my every day speech (which I do very often, no joke) I yell out "MOVIE QUOTE" and my hubby has to try to guess who and which movie it was said in.
11. Though I am Hispanic in heritage, I speak very broken Spanish-- I can't type it and I certainly cannot read it.... the shame!
11 Questions from Aristocratic Elegance :
1. Have you dyed your hair? If so, what has been your favorite color?
Yes, I have-- many colors during my babybat years before I shaved it all off. My favorite color was violet, which I hope to redo someday.
2. Do you like to be very busy on vacations? (lots of walking, visiting local sights, etc.), or relax?
It depends where I am, really. In Hawaii I did nothing but lay on the beach by the waves and let them wash me away and back in. In Vegas I did lots of partying, lots of sight seeing, and some shopping heheh.
3. What is your favorite instrumental music?
Without a doubt it is cello in combination with the accordion.
4. Which do you prefer, rain or sun?
Once again it's situational. Where I live I prefer it when it rains because the cloud formations and lightning shows are immeasurably beautiful... though it's rather annoying since when it does rain there is a very high likelihood it knocks the power out.
5. Hobbies or things you always wanted to do as a child but never did?
I guess I'm lucky in regards to hobbies-- there isn't anything I wanted to do that I eventually didn't... but with things... I've always wanted to backpack through Europe. I don't think that's the safest thing these days.... at least I'd be super reluctant if it ever did come up.
6. Favorite sandwich?
I'm not fond of sandwiches to begin with... but if I had to pick a favorite, it's an Italian sausage sandwich.
7. Last place you walked to?
I didn't have a destination in mind, but I did do a little walk outside just yesterday.
8. Last book you read?
In its entirety? The complete works of Edgar Allan Poe-- but then, I am always reading him regardless of what I am currently reading... which at the moment is the Foundation series by Issac Asimov.
9. What fictional world would you like to live in?
A world where I can comfortably live off my trade heheh.
10. Would you rather take personal transport (your own car, bike, motorcycle, etc.) or public transportation?
Ideally public transportation, and it has to be as good as I had it in my home city. But present living situation forces one to use a car since everything is so far from everything else.
11. Something you would definitely not want to have with you if you were ever stranded on a desert island?
Oh this is tough... it's hard to think in those terms considering being stranded on island, desert no less, is bad enough... but I guess a lazy or unwilling person. It's hard having to survive let alone for another as well.
My 11 questions:
1. If you could live anywhere and be anything, what would it be?
2. Have you seen any kind of "wonder of the world" attraction, and if so which? ( ex. Grand Canyon, Northern Lights, Eiffel Tower, Stonehenge...)
3. You're a chef-- what's today's special?
4. In the past month (not "ever"), what was one limited item you wanted SO badly but ended up not buying and deeply regret that decision?
5. You just won a $500 gift card, where is it for and what will you buy there?
6. How do you resolve a conflict? "Make love not war, man" or "Let's find the happy median" or "DEMS FIGHTN WORDS!!!1!"
7. You just won backstage passes-- what show/band are they for?
8. Au naturel or Eau de toilette (no perfume or perfume)? If you chose perfume, what is your favorite scent or scent combo?
9. When you die will you be buried or cremated? And during your funeral will your casket be open or closed, and why?
10. What's your idea of a romantic or awesome day out?
11. If you could learn an ancient fighting style, from which culture would you pick?
I tag: (no one at the moment)
Please don't be shy to ask to be tagged-- I'll be sure to update this with your blog if you do. If you don't have a blog but still feel like answering the questions, feel free to comment!
P.S. I know that au naturel means naked-- I just wanted something that went with the latter choice ;)