I realize my "new year"s post is a touch late, but I was enjoying the past month with my family in Canada and have arrived back to AZ only a couple days ago.
There is only one computer at my mother's house, so my online time was almost non existent; it was just as well, I would've cut it down anyway to enjoy the time I had with my family. Since I've decided to yet again jump onto the Batfit program that kicked off at the beginning of the year, I've decided to break up these new year posts and intentions, so no one post will be too long to comfortably read.
I look back at the past year with a bittersweet nostalgia-- a lot of good came from the past year, but it also brought a few disappointments and heartaches. It was a good a balance of both as one could hope for any given year.
It's worth baring in mind that there was an incident when the cats got into my memory bucket, and likely ate a few of the "memories"... I specifically remember a couple that aren't there, so my suspicions of their consumption seem correct. The white ones represent nice little memories, and the colored ones represent the pivotal moments.
Here's the result of those efforts (some of them were posted about here-- follow links):
- Went on a hike with my neighbor (jan.)
- Knit a cat hood (Jan)
- Finished camisole blouse (Jan)
- Had my wisdom teeth pulled, and kept them (Jan)
- Found purple and black flocked damask fabric (Jan)
- Completed collection of current vintage book list (Jan)
- Taught myself to lace knit (Jan)
- Completed brooke's column of leaves scarf (Jan)
- Bought a new computer chair (Feb)
- Made a paper tape dressform (May)
- Completed commercial pattern (May)
- Received a new camera for 25th birthday (June)
- Successfully created DIY eye primer (June)
- Went on a roadtrip with neighbor (July)
- Revamped chewed shoes (Sept)
- Saw a meteor burn out (Feb)
- Cleaned an organized craft room (April)
- Met Mrs. Insomniac from Insomiac's Attic (Dec)
- Visited family for entire month (Dec. into Jan)
Ones that are missing:
I hope everyone's new year started off on a positive note,
and that you're on your way to a balanced year!